Honey, I shrunk my sweater...

so I had to make a doll to fit it. See?



Nah, I didn't actually shrink one of my own sweaters by accident. This was one of my thrifted sweaters that I intentionally shrunk so that I could cut it up and make new things from it.

You previously had a glimpse of this red sweater in the felted teacozy I posted about. I obviously still have pieces of that sweater to use and just I couldn't resist making this doll (she's actually an angel in the book I got the pattern from, but I decided to skip the wings when making her). It was such a playful project and one that I'm glad I indulged my inner child in making. My sons really start wondering what's happening when they see me making a doll and my excitement in making her wardrobe. Uh-oh, they seem to express as they look at each other. Is mom losing it? Perhaps. It's just too fun not to make a doll and her clothes. Especially one as whimsical as this one.

Comments

  1. OOOh..I love that pink circle fabric...I think you used it for your little twin girl's outfit too. So cute...would look great with some recent finds of mine from Fabricland...was that a recent acquisition? From a shop and not a great thriftstore find...I hope, I hope...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the skirt fabric - Kaffe Fassett Rocks! I had a FQ of it and now it's gone... have to find more somewhere! That little sweater is so cute on the doll. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! The sweater is so cute! And I love her hair!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore the doll..cute sweater, hair and skirt, just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous doll witt fabulous outfit and hair!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This doll is so cute! I love her bright red sweater and those aqua knickers! One of my favorite color combos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all for your kind comments. Can you believe that the biggest challenge was the doll's hair? The directions were so simple, but I definitely struggled with getting decent results. I decided to let her be with her "bad hair day" look. LOL

    Joanne - you're in luck, the fabric you like on my doll is from the designer Kaffe Fassett and you should be able to buy it locally at the quilt store like I did.

    ReplyDelete
  8. she is cute! I was wondering if that was Kaffe Fassett fabric.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!