Cardstock + fabric scraps =

creative fun! June is a busy month for birthdays, at least for many of the loved ones in my life and the best reason for me to dive into my stash. ;o) I love making and giving handmade gifts. Although I'm still waiting for some handmade gifts to reach their new homes before sharing pics on my blog, I figured it's safe to show the cards I've made.

Finding a way to use even the tiniest scrap of pretty fabric always makes me happy and you know I love anything involving patchwork.

I'm also loving simple applique for cards. How about this bonus? I'm using machine needles that no longer are the best for fabric - extending their usefulness - by saving them for stitching on cardstock.


I'm seriously rethinking ever purchasing ready made cards again! I have plans to stitch a stash of scrappy fabric cards to have on hand for any occasion. More personal to give and a great way to get extra pleasure from pretty bits of fabric.

Comments

  1. great idea have both scraps of fabric and random cardstock cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! Crazy quilting sorta but on cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love your scraps! such pretty cards out of something that would be so easily dicarded. i LOVE THAT! keeping some on hand, even better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea and lovely result, both the scraps and the bird!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clever idea! I have so many scraps...:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute! I think I should do the same! I tend make scrapbook style cards but this would open up a whole new range for me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your idea of making scrappy fabric cards!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!