I'm blushing to admit

that the one and only charm pack I've ever purchased (about 5 years ago?) has never been put to use - just gazed at admiringly. I like the charm pack so much I was afraid of making the "wrong" thing with it - thereby ruining it. I know. It sounds silly to even admit that. The other issue holding me back was that I didn't have enough fabrics that would compliment the charm pack. Until now. I happened to be in my LQS looking for something else when I came across a manufacturer's scrap bag of fabrics that I KNEW would coordinate with my languishing charms. This is what I have come up with after pairing them up and with the addition of a couple of fabrics in my stash. This palette is so unlike anything I have worked with that it's stretching my creative muscles. Even my family has made comments about the change of pace colour-wise. Definitely time to broaden my quilting palette!
My hope is to make a lap quilt out of this. I'm still playing around with the layout and will need to trim some blocks as well as redo some of the less appealing blocks, but I'm underway. Finally.



Comments

  1. Love it, and guess what Katherine... I bought the same charm pack 5 years ago and discovered only recently that I started to make a cushion cover back then. Everything was in a little box and tin waiting to be finished. Maybe this is the right time for me as well?

    ReplyDelete
  2. perfect quilt pattern to show off the charm squares. it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok friend...I feel the need to tell you this. Icks-nay the blue square. everything else is just lovely shades of peaches, pinks, and tans. At least form my view that is what I see :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful and soft and subtle, yet elegant too

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous colors - so soft and relaxing. Isn't it handy to have some pieces pre-cut!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love the colour palette. It's devine!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!