Feeling happy since I'm one step closer to finishing

Yesterday, after I hand delivered the two quilts made for Quilts Recover to Cheryl, I stopped by the local fabric store for a browse.   Maintaining restraint as I shopped their sale, I came home with only 4 fabrics, three of which are to be used to finish the quilt I designed from scraps.

 See that fourth fabric in the stack in the right hand photo above?  I plan to use it for the backing, with the coordinating darker fabric just above for the quilt's binding and the white will be used to add to the width of the quilt top (I know, I said I was done, but I think one more row of "bits" will finish it nicely).  What about the fabric on the top of the stack?  Well, that was my first find of the day - some of Sandi Henderson's Meadowsweet II and I just couldn't resist.  Not sure what I'll be making with it just yet, but I will come up with something.  Meanwhile, all that's left is for me to pick up some batting and I can get down to basting my quilt!

Comments

  1. That bottom fabric couldn't be more perfect as a backing for that quilt. What a great find.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your fabric & colors for this quilt, Katherine.


    Would you be so kind to leave a comment on my BLOG ONLY (no emails), for the Miracle Makeover fund drive thru 8-18. Charlie, 8 yr. old, & his story are fabulous. Every comment brings us a $1 for the next person that will be sponsored.

    Have a beautiful weekend.
    Hugs,
    TTFN ~
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!