Heart Felt

I came across a really cute and clever knitting pattern in the book, Gifted: lovely little things to knit + crochet by Mags Kandis.  Knitting is a craft that I'm slowly getting more proficient in.  One day, I even hope to knit a sweater, but quicker knitting projects are helping me build my skills and confidence for that "someday" dream.  Anyways, I thought I'd share this felted heart project, to give you time to make your own, if you choose, in time for Valentine's Day.
Once I got the hang of knitting this pattern with its short rows, I wanted to knit a heart in every colour of yarn in my stash!
  Each colour seemed to felt at a different rate, so it was a good thing I kept an eye on the process!  They vary slightly in finished size and shape, but at least you recognize them to be hearts.
Next time, I will put less fibre fill into them because I did find that during felting, the stuffing wanted to escape and then retarded the felting.  Not a big deal, but something I will adjust, so that the finished hearts will felt more consistently and look more like those in the book.

The more I look at these, the stronger the temptation is to knit some more!  Can't you picture these making a colourful garland?  Of course they could be a lovely heart felt gift for Valentine's Day....

Comments

  1. Hi! I think your felted hearts are really cute and would love to make some, too!
    x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, I love these, they look fantastic all felted up

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those, Katherine! Now I'm wondering what it means and how hard it is to knit in "short rows" because I have lots of little bits of wool to use up too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They're adorable - unstuffed, they look like they might be just the right size to embellish a zipper bag! Oh --- maybe 3 together would make a cute embellishment for a throw pillow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are too cute for anything! I LOVE them! What a great way to use up little bits of wool. I'd take these over candy hearts anyday! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. a pretty garland fr valentine's day! How sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh! I love your hearts felt! I once knit a bag and felted and the outcome was very fun!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!