I'll show you mine if you'll show me yours.... Sew into Solids Week # 2

Sew into Solids


A big part in the adventure I'm embarking upon with our group, Sew into Solids, is in choosing colours.  
 I love colour!   I want them all. ;o)
  Every single glorious colour with all the shades and values they are made in. 

  Reality says that this is not possible (at least not all at once, but just give me time and I wouldn't be surprised if a good many of those colours find their way into my stash...).

Week 2 of Sew into Solids is about sharing what colours we have chosen for our project(s) as well as the patterns we have selected.

What will I make?

For my very first solely solids project, I'm making a twin sized quilt for my teen aged son.  He wanted something more understated or calming for his quilt.  That led me to deciding to stick with one colour, then liven it up by using many values.

Want to see my palette inspirations from Design Seeds?




This is the lovely bundle of blue Kona solids I'll be working with...


along with more blues that I have ordered (which haven't arrived just yet), so I won't be cutting anything until I have the whole selection on hand.  I should have about 51 blues to choose from once everything arrives.  Wow.  I'm really excited to be working with so many values of blue!

The pattern I've chosen is actually pictured on the cover of the book
 40 Fabulous Quick-Cut Quilts by Evelyn Sloppy.

Click here for link on Amazon.
The pattern uses a variety of printed fabrics in varying shades of blue and cream, but I've chosen to make my version in only blues - all solids, of course.  I think the magic of this quilt will be in how I combine all the various blues.  I'm going to make a test block to make sure I'm heading in the right direction before committing to cutting everything to make a whole quilt.  I have other pattern ideas in store if this idea doesn't work. ;o)
Now it's your turn!   What have you selected to make for your Sew into Solids project?  Please join our link-up party sharing your own post about your fabric and pattern choices...
below and over at  Sew Create It).  If you haven't already...  please visit Jane's blog to see the gorgeous fabrics and patterns she has selected for her projects.
 Jane and I can't wait to see what you will be making!
*Just remember to link to the actual post on your blog where you share your choices for your Sew into Solids project(s). Thanks!





Comments

  1. It looks realy like a fabulous quilt. But a lot of cutting and sewing. You do it on the sewingmachine? I just started patching on my machine but I find it difficult to get everything right and perfect.
    BTW I have a giveaway on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not really into working with just solids but boy that stack of blue really got my heart racing!! Can't wait to see what you create with all that. Also, I was delighted to find "Design Seeds" through your blog. What an amazing site.
    Cath
    @ Bits 'n Bobs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the blue color schemes you've chosen, especially the aqua in it. It might be challenging to stick to one color. But the variety of values, darks and lights, will bring depth in it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW Katherine! I can't wait to see what you do!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!