Meant to be

 
Even though the Zakka Sew along 2.0 has officially ended,
 I find I can't put Patchwork, Please! back on the shelf.   
 
 Yes, that means I've made another one of her clever projects!  This time it's the  Sweet Trips Embroidery Pouch.  I thought maybe this pretty organizer will spur me onto finishing a particular embroidery project I've had in the works for a few years now. ;o)  I love a good organizer!
 
Vintage lace, ric-rac, a self-cover button and some cross-stich.combined with linen and a polka dot binding.  I'm in love. :o)
Initially, I was going to use the patchwork design given in the book for the front cover.  However, this project seemed the perfect opportunity to incorporate a bit of cross-stitch that I made a few years back.  I had been waiting for just the right idea for using it and I finally found it! LOL

 
My cross stitch pincushion has tiny beads to represent pins and looks even lovelier framed in some vintage ric-rac.  I'm also loving that self-made button because I was able to fussy cut the word "embroidery" for it.

 
Inside, you will see that I made one change to the original pattern design.  I added a second vinyl pocket,  this one with a zipper, so it nicely holds those new embroidery threads from Wonderfil.

 
Next, I used a felted sweater, cut it using the wavy blade in my rotary cutter, then added a fussy cut "needles" applique to jazz up my needle book pages. 
 Fussy cutting once again, for an applique on the flap (over the compartment for threads)
 

 and one final fussy cut applique for the back cover.

 
   Love these extra details!
Another fun project that I will enjoy using. 
 Thanks, Ayumi!

 
Just for fun, I made a mosaic of the projects I completed during the sew along.   You'll notice that I made two of the paper-pieced pencil cases (one as a gift and one to keep ;o).
 
Visit me on Flickr to see each of these projects or on my blog using the search box (on the sidebar).
 
I'm linking up this new finish with Amanda Jean's 

Comments

  1. That is such a beautiful case! I made one too quite a while ago but I love the extra touches on yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable case, and adorable collection of projects - Ayumi would smile from ear to ear if she saw the pictures (if she wasn't sleep deprived from the new baby, haha) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this and so glad you added it to the flickr group. My favorite detail is that zippered clear pocket - nice!! But it all is just really lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I think that says it all. I love this and hope I had time to make all the beautiful things I see in your blog! I'm organizing my sewing space and it is so frustrating. On the other hand I'm very inspired to start something new - but when I finish this organizing?! I feel hopeless.
    Have a great weekend! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a great embroidery organizer! Love your fabric choices and the personal details you added. And what a fabulous mosaic of the collection of projects you made from that book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute! I like all the details. The fussy cut bits, the cross stitch front, the pocket for thread, all the colorful thread... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is seriously the most wonderful little project I have seen in a while. I love all these details that make it unique. The fabrics, the fussy cut appliqués, the button, I mean you can't get any closer to perfection than this. Love, love, love!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh, I LOVE it! All the details are just so sweet and so perfect. I really need this book. It's killing me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have done a stellarly beautiful job on that. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your attention to detail has produced such a beautiful finish on your project. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, this is adorable. Good job on all the details. You're right it will be very useful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. it's wonderful! all the little details just make it perfect - the embroidered button is to die for. Loving this project Katherine!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!