Swapping for some Tilda



Hello, you. Yes, I know it's been awhile since I've made any appearance here. I've had my hands full of responsibilities that left me no time or energy for blogging.  A totally unexpected hiatus.  I'm taking a moment at the end of a lovely day off (Happy Mother's Day!), to pop in here and let you know I'm still around.  Just very, very busy working long hours with my husband.

Anyways, I wanted to share a peek at some lovely Tilda fabrics I received several weeks ago, as a part of a personal swap with my lovely friend, Maja.

Lovely Tilda fabrics to play with!
 
She shares my love of Tilda designs and kindly offered to surprise me with some, while I got to surprise her with fabrics of my choosing.  What fun!
 
Mmmm... loving those lush ribbons and that Tilda stitchery.
 
Along with the fabric goodness, she sent me some Tilda ribbons and a sweet stitchery. What treats! Thank you so much, Maja.
 
Thinking of framing this bit of handwork for my sewing room wall.  I adore Tilda designs!
 
Despite being beyond tired from all the crazy long work hours and a four day event last month (that made things extra crazy here... more on that on another post), I managed the odd moment to work on the stitchery.  Nothing beats some quiet handwork for bringing some serenity and joy to the everyday grind.  Oh, it was such bliss to stitch!
 
  This week promises more of a crush on my time and creative energy, but I finally settled into my sewing room late today for some fabric play and managed to cut up a few pieces for a new project.  I needed this so much! I'm hoping that I can get stitching on this latest idea sooner rather than later.  Plus, I'm really hoping a prospective work project comes through for us this week so we can get off this crazy ride we've been on, trying to make ends meet.  It's truly been exhausting.  Okay, enough whining. ;o)
 
 
Here's to all Moms, near and far, hoping you had a lovely day with your loved ones on Mother's Day!
 
Happy Mother's Day!
 

Stitcher Link Party Button

Comments

  1. I agree about hand stitching being a calming influence on our lives! I also need to get back to stitching in the evenings- I have a quilting that is not going to quilt itself! Lovely to hear from you, and best wishes on the prospective project. You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful material and such a fun swap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those Tilda fabrics are so pretty. I love that look. Hand stitching is a great way to calm down at the end of a busy day. And what a lovely result those few moments have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed our swap too!
    Got myself a quilttop from your fabrics.
    Just need to be quilted and binded.

    Thanks for swapping with me!
    I had lots of fun!

    Love how you stitched the angel!
    Lovely!

    Kram//Maja

    ReplyDelete
  5. So good to see a post from you again! The things you received in your swap are all so lovely. I especially like that embroidery!

    I recently started a weekly Stitchery Link Party for all things hand embroidered and if you have time to stop by, I would love to have you come link up your post so my readers can come visit too. http://www.supermomnocape.com/2015/05/11/vintage-embroidery-monday-stitchery-link-party-5/

    Sending lots of sparkling energy to see you through! And also sending good thoughts that the prospective work project comes through! Aloha hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those fabrics are so pretty!
    I get pretty cranky if I go too long without sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Mother's Day to you as well! Your handiwork is beautiful, my lovely friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well there you are - I thought I was going to have to send a search and rescue team to Alberta ;)

    Gorgeous Tilda fabrics - my sewy friend up the street is a HUGE fan of Anything Tilda - our local quilt store started carrying the fabrics last year so my friend is in HEAVEN about it :) She has every single Tilda book published, and loves making the dolls - the quilt store displays them with the fabrics, then she gets them back eventually :D I wouldn't be surprised if she has some of those ribbons as well - I think she even has Tilda buttons :)

    I hope the prospective work project comes through for you - fingers crossed :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Victoria Day Katherine! I'm just popping back to thank you for linking up with last week's Stitchery Link Party and for linking back with the button to help get the word out. I can't tell you how much I appreciate that!

    I'd love to have you link up again when you can (I know you're super busy helping your hubby.) It doesn't even need to be a new post... if there's an older post that you'd like to feature, please feel free to add that one.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!