Terrific Tulip - Pattern Release!

  I am excited and happy to say that I have a PDF pattern for those of you interested in sewing a Terrific Tulip for Spring!


Early this month, I shared a trio of tulip blocks, that I had made from my sketches inspired by a tulip block from author and designer, Nancy MartinSince that time, there have been a couple of modifications to my design, from the initial blocks I shared.  This pattern will show you the method I use for making the block, as well as the fabric amounts needed in a simplified colour scheme. It is written with plenty of step by step diagrams and some handy tips.


Choosing to go scrappy once you have the method and information in hand, is totally possible using my pattern.  The pattern is for making a single block,  so you decide what the finished project will be (a table runner, a mini quilt, a pillow or ???). 

 Grab some fabric, your rotary cutter and regular quilting ruler and get ready to sew a whole bouquet of Terrific Tulip block projects!




Huge thanks to my friends and pattern testers Maria (Maja's Paradis) and Amanda Jean (Crazy Mom Quilts) . I appreciate all your help, time and expertise!  I could not have done this without you!!  I can hardly wait to see what each of you will make with your "test" blocks.

P. S. I am working on patterns using alternative versions of my Terrific Tulip block, that will be sewn into finished projects. Stay tuned!

I'm linking up my latest finish with Amanda Jean and friends over at Crazy Mom Quilts for Finish it up Friday!

Comments

  1. Congratulations on your Terrific Tulip pattern Katherine! I hope this is one of the first on your pattern writing career! I look forward to seeing Maria and Amanda jean's blocks too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I immediately thought of my dil who loves tulips. If she were to see this beauty...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely pattern Katherine! May many follow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful block, so perfect for spring! If you ever need a tester or reviewer, you know where to find me :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty - perfect for spring (which I think has arrived in earnest now - it's supposed to rain most of the week - that should wash away the haze and grime of winter, and give our tulips and daffies some encouragement to come out for a visit :D) :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!